Local buses run frequently from Alibey Island(Cunda) to the center and from Ali Cetinkaya to Camlik districts. As a more comfortable and faster option, "Dolmus" taxis run from Alibey Island(Cunda) and from Ali Cetinkaya to 41 Evler districts. There is also a ferry operating between Alibey Island(Cunda) and Ayvalik town center in the summer months.
Alibey (Cunda) Island A small road bridge connects Lale Island which in turn is connected by a causeway to the mainland (Ayvalik). There are frequent dolmuses (shared taxis) and half hourly buses (line #3 Hastane-Alibey Adası, they also stop at otogar) throughout the year, in addition, in summer, there are also small ferries carrying passengers From Ayvalik to Alibey Island, on the hour. Many churches and monasteries are located on the island, the most famous being the Taksiyarhis Church. The bell of the church stays at the Bergama Museum. The island is also famous for its fish; you can see fish restaurants located next to each other by the seaside. Old Ayvalik Houses The old Ayvalik houses, many of which are beautiful examples of neo-classical architecture, located on Alibey Island and in the town of Ayvalik should carefully be examined for the art of wood and stone. They can be seen on the back alleys of town centre, on Alibey/Cunda island, and in Çamlık. Çamlık is the southern suburb of the town with some magnicifent neo-classical manors located amidst pine woods (which translates as çamlık in Turkish, the origin of the name of the place). On a nearby hilltop is the Devil's Table (Şeytan Sofrası), a rock on which has a large footprint-like hollow, which is said, according to the local folklore, to be Devil's footprint he left when he was "jumping" over to Lesvos. It has a wonderful view of the coves and islands below. Saatli Camii — In the town centre, built by Greeks as a church -named Agios Iannis, it was converted to a mosque after 1928. However, other than the plaster on the frescoes on the inner walls, and the thin and somewhat picknicky-looking minaret, no further additions made to the building. Its name translates "mosque with clock" in Turkish literally, referring to the clock located on one of its towers. Çınarlı Camii (Çınarlı Mosque), (close to Saatli Camii). Former Agios Giorgis, this is another neo-classical-Greek-church-turned-mosque in town centre. Its pink outside is even more finely decorated with ornaments than Saatli Mosque. Taksiyarhis Church Built in 1873, Taksiyarhis Church is the center of attention with its reliefs picturing the life of Jesus Christ, the portraits os the Saints and its interior marble design. Saint Nicola Church is on Alibey Island. Moonlight Monastery (on Alibey/Cunda Island) Leka Monastery can be observed on the left side of Dalyan Channel when entering the bay, amongst olive trees. Its architecture closely follows traditional monastery architecture as monks themselves built it stone by stone. Sarimsakli Beach 8 km. south of the town, Sarimsakli beach is 7 km. long and widens up to 100 metres. Along the beach, there are a number of restaurants and hotels. Altinova Beach 13 km. south of the town, Altinova is famous for its beach as well as picnic areas and its forest.